You requested information – C3 Vacancies January-May 2019.
For any vacancies at the above grade on the civil service pay scale I wish to know for each one:
1. Number of applications
2. Number of internal applicants (already working for Education Scotland)
3. Number of people interviewed under "double tick" scheme
4. Number of people appointed
5. Number of people appointed who were internal applicants
1. Number of applications – 136
2. Number of internal applicants (already working for Education Scotland) – 28
3. Number of people interviewed under "double tick" scheme [redacted]
4. Number of people appointed [redacted]
5. Number of people appointed who were internal applicants [redacted]
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information requested because exemption under section 38(1)(b), personal information of FOISA applies to some of the information requested.
The reason why this exemption applies is explained in the Annex to this letter.
Reasons for not providing information - Annex
Section 38(1)(b) - personal information
An exemption under section 38(1)(b) of FOISA (personal information) applies to some of the information requested because it is personal data of a third party and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
This exemption is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback