- 3 Apr 2019
Date received: 6 Mar 2019
Date responded: 3 Apr 2019
You asked for Scottish Government early learning and childcare projections for 2020 for East Lothian, Midlothian and Edinburgh, in particular the following:
- How many council nursery places are available in each local authority?
- What are the projected figures of 3 year olds, 4 year olds and 2 year olds meeting the criteria for an early learning and childcare place?
- How many private nursery places are available in each local authority?
You also asked for the following information in relation to East Lothian:
- Which nurseries are piloting the expanded 1140 hours?
- Which nurseries will be piloting in future 2019-2020 academic year?
- What is the strategy going forward to expand nursery provision in East Lothian up to 2020 and beyond?
I enclose some of the information you requested in the Annex to this letter, however please note that this information was supplied by local authorities through Finance Templates submitted in 2017/18 and the Improvement Service Data Collection in October 2018 and is forecast data rather as recorded numbers.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have asked for because local authorities are responsible for implementing the expansion of early learning and childcare in their areas. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested. You may wish to contact the relevant local authorities directly for more information:
East Lothian - Lesley Brown, Chief Operating Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Edinburgh– Lynn Paterson, Quality Improvement Manager, email@example.com
Midlothian - Julie Fox, School Group Manager Early Years, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House