- 15 Mar 2019
Date received: 19 Feb 2019
Date responded: 14 Mar 2019
1) What is the total costs the Government must pay Mr A Salmond
2) What were the total costs of legal advice used by you defending the charge
3) From which budget does this cost came from as it was unbudgeted?
4) Will any employee be made redundant due to this [unclear] cost - directly or indirectly
5) Will you continue to receive cash bonuses this year?
In response to your first question, while our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not the information you have requested. The reason why we don’t have the information is explained below.
In response to your second question, the net cost of legal fees was £118,523.
In response to your third question, the costs will be met from budgets managed by the Director General for Organisational Development and Operations.
In response to your fourth question, the answer is no.
With respect to your fifth question, in line with the Scottish Public Sector Pay Policy, performance bonuses for senior staff have been suspended since 2010-11.
REASONS FOR NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION
The Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for because these costs have not yet been calculated.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House