Scotland is Now campaign: advertising and social media budgets:FOI release
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
FOI reference: FOI/18/01126
Date received: 12 April 2018
Date responded: 16 May 2018
Information on Scottish Government advertising and social media budgets for the 'Scotland is Now' campaign.
Scotland is Now is a collaborative effort between the Scottish Government, VisitScotland, Scottish Development International and Universities Scotland with a combined projected international marketing budget of £6 million to deliver 'Scotland is Now' by the end of 2018/19.
The attached Scotland is Now budget breakdown details committed spend across all partners for 2017/2018 and 2018/19 and includes geographical and media channel splits, digital production and advertising, creative development, advertising and production costs.
All future investment during 2018/19 will be dictated by the results we achieve from the first phase of the campaign.
Budget planning beyond 2019 will form part of the forward business planning process.
The attached document provides the answers to your questions as below:
1. Scottish Government total overall advertising budget for this campaign.
2. Scottish Government planned spend on advertising in Scotland.
3. Scottish Government planned spend on advertising in the rest of the UK.
4. Scottish Government planned spend on advertising internationally.
5. Scottish Government total budget for promoting the campaign on social media.
6. Scottish Government spend on targeting the campaign at specific audiences (for example through targeted Twitter and Facebook posts).
7. Scottish Government planned spend on targeting aimed at a domestic (i.e Scottish) audience.
8. Scottish Government planned spend on targeting aimed at a rest of UK audience.
9. Scottish Government planned spend on targeting aimed at an international audience.
10. Information on any other groups you plan to target, which groups these are and how much of a budget you plan to spend on each.
This will form part of our 2018/19 budget planning process.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 170.3 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback