- 8 Feb 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/00154
Date received: 19 January 2018
Date responded: 7 February 2018
Information regarding gender balance on public boards.
1. At November 12 2015, how many men and and how many women were on the board of your organisation?
2. At November 12 2015, was the Chairperson (or person with an equivalent role) a man or a woman?
3. How many men and how many women are now on the board of your organisation?
4. Is the current Chairperson (or person with an equivalent role) a man or a woman?
5. Does the board have a formal strategy or policy commitment to achieving gender balance? If so please supply a copy of the document where the policy is laid out. Please also confirm the date that this policy was adopted.
6. What is the current median FTE pay for men and women in the organisation?
The answer to your questions are as follows.
1. As at 12 November 2015 there were four men and seven women on SAAS Board.
2. As at 12 November 2015 the Chair of SAAS Board was a man.
3. Currently there are three men and five women on SAAS Board.
4. The current Chair of SAAS Board is a man.
5. SAAS adheres to Scottish Government's policy to achieving gender balance: http://onescotland.org/equality-themes/5050-by-2020/
6. The median FTE pay in SAAS at 31 December 2017 was £19,982 for females and £22,140 for males.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House