- 5 Feb 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/00004
Date received: 3 January 2018
Date responded: 31 January 2018
You asked for:
1. The total number of Attainment Scotland Fund (ASF) funded teachers
2. The total number of ASF-funded teachers employed on
a. Permanent contracts
b. temporary contracts of more than 1 year
c. temporary contracts of 1 year or less
3. The total number of ASF-funded teachers employed on Full Time contracts
4. The total number of ASF-funded teachers employed on contracts of:
a. ≤ 0.1 FT
b. >0.1 and ≤ 0.25 FT
c. >0.25 and ≤ 0.5 FT
Below is a copy of some of the information you requested. This information is derived from data collected as part of the 2017 school staff census and provides a snapshot of teacher employment at the time of census.
1. At the time of the census in September 2017, 1,092 teachers were at least part funded by the Attainment Scotland Fund (ASF) – representing 666 Full Time Equivalents (FTE).
3. Of these teachers, 407 were funded to work full time through the ASF. The remaining 685 may include additional teachers employed full-time, part funded by the ASF.
a) 76 had 0.1 FTE or less funded by the ASF.
b) 170 had between 0.1 and 0.25 FTE funded by the ASF.
c) 298 had between 0.25 and 0.5 FTE funded by the ASF.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested. The reasons why we don't have the information are explained below.
Reasons for not providing information
The Scottish Government does not have the information:
The Scottish Government does not have some the information you have asked for because teachers may hold multiple posts but the data collected as part of the teacher census does not allow the identification of specific posts funded through the ASF. This means it is not possible to identify if teachers funded by the ASF are employed on a permanent or temporary basis
This also means it is not possible to identify the number of teachers, funded by the ASF, working full time or part time.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House