- 20 Oct 2017
FOI reference: FOI/17/02129
Date received: 21 September 2017
Date responded: 13 October 2017
1. A complete and detailed copy of all conditions that are applied to the Croft House Grant contract, in the exact legal terms as would be read on that contract.
2. A complete and detailed legal definition of all terms that have been defined by the Scottish Government or guidance that your organisation has received, vis-à-vis the conditions applied to the Croft House Grant contract.
3. Specifically, a complete and detailed copy of the legal definition given to the words "immediate family" used in the published first condition on the Rural Payments website guidance, and as applied to the Croft House Grant contract:
Specifically I want to know to what family members "immediate family" legally applies to and if the term "immediate family" applies only to the crofter or also to a cottar's family (it is unclear from the published information).
4. Specifically, a complete and detailed copy of the specific legal definition given to the word "cottar" as applied to the Croft House Grant contract. This is in the context that the Crofting Commission, on it's government website, is stating that a cottar is:
"A person with a year to year tenancy of a dwellinghouse with no land attached situated in the crofting counties."
1. A copy of the Grant Conditions from the Croft House Grant contract is attached.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House