Final Report of the Independent Expert Group to the Scottish Government on Unlocking the Value of Data
The Independent Expert Group
- Angela Daly - University of Dundee
- Annie Sorbie - University of Edinburgh
- Ruchir Shah - Open Government and Civil Society Activist
- Esperanza Miyake - University of Strathclyde
- Colin Birchenall - Digital Office for Scottish Local Government
- Charlie Mayor - NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Carol Young - Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights
- Alexander Weir - Canon Medical Research Europe Ltd.
- Ronnie Kelly - Fujitsu UK
- Mahlet Zimeta ('Milly') - The Open Data Institute
- James Stevenson - Duo Verre Partnership LLP
The writing of this report was coordinated and overseen by Angela Daly with contributions from IEG members.
We would like to thank the Scottish Government Secretariat who supported this work. We would also like to thank all those who have provided feedback on earlier iterations of the principles, recommendations and other aspects of this report. In particular we thank: members of the Practitioner Forum; the Democratic Society and all those members of the public and experts who participated in workshops; all those who attended the September 2022 webinar; and the authors of the three literature reviews. We thank Charalampia (Xaroula) Kerasidou (University of Oxford Ethox Centre in Population Health) for peer reviewing this report.
Angela Daly would like to thank the Leverhulme Research Centre for Forensic Science and the Law School at the University of Dundee for supporting her role as IEG chair. She would also like to thank Magdalen College, University of Oxford which hosted her for a research visit from October to December 2022.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback