Fairer Scotland for disabled people - employment action plan: progress report - year 2
Update on the progress achieved in the second year of implementing A Fairer Scotland for Disabled People: employment action plan.
1. See Measuring Progress section for further information.
2. The publication of the final progress report for this action plan is due this spring: https://www.gov.scot/publications/fairer-scotland-disabled-people-delivery-plan-2021-united-nations-convention/
3. It should be noted that the data presented in this section refers to SG core only, in keeping with the data and methodology used to produce the target for disabled employees.
4. For SG core based on SG core data.
5. Institute for Fiscal Studies (2020): Recessions and health: the long-term health consequences of responses to the coronavirus.
10. See the Scottish Government's labour market statistics published here: Labour market statistics - gov.scot
11. To note: although the Labour Force Survey (LFS) is more timely, the Annual Population Survey (APS) is based on a larger sample size and therefore has a higher degree of reliability. The APS is used for monitoring progress towards our ambition to at least halve the disability employment gap.
12. Labour market monthly briefing: February 2021
13. Coronavirus and redundancies in the UK labour market - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
14. Poverty and Income Inequality in Scotland 2016-19 - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
15. Disability pay gaps in the UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
16. UK Poverty 2020/21 | JRF
17. Coronavirus and the social impacts on disabled people in Great Britain - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
18. ONS, Annual Population Survey, Oct 2019 – Sep 2020.
19. Disability pay gaps in the UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
20. Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme statistics: January 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
21. Earnings and employment from Pay As You Earn Real Time Information, seasonally adjusted - Office for National Statistics
22. A Fairer Scotland for Disabled People Employment Action Plan - Progress Report - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
23. Contractually secure employment is defined as employees who are in permanent employment or in temporary employment through choice i.e. did not want a permanent job.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback