- 24 Apr 2019
We have produced a package of support to help EU citizens stay in Scotland. It includes:
- £250,000 of dedicated resource for community based support across Scotland
- a support and advice service for all citizens affected by the UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme, resident in Scotland with more complex needs or particular challenges. The service is delivered by Citizens Advice Scotland. Part of the service is a full-time national helpline available on: 0800 916 9847. Lines are open 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday. More information is available at: www.cas.org.uk/brexit
- a ‘Stay in Scotland’ toolkit to support EU citizens and employers with EU staff which includes a poster, a factsheet, digital content and guides
The Scottish Government, along with others, has already successfully lobbied the UK Government to scrap the £65 “settled status” fee. We are continuing to look at more ways we can support EU citizens around EU exit and will keep our efforts under review.
The ‘Stay in Scotland’ toolkit (updated October 2019)
The toolkit provides a range of materials for employers and EU citizens. It includes information on the UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme, details of the application process and requirements, links to other resources and some practical suggestions about how employers can support their EU employees in the workplace. You can download the contents of the toolkit below.
- for more information on the EU Settlement Scheme please visit www.mygov.scot/eu-exit-citizens/
- for more information on how Brexit may affect you please visit https://www.mygov.scot/brexit/
Central enquiry unit: firstname.lastname@example.org