Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Order 2020: equality impact assessment
This amendment to the 2014 Unsuitable Accommodation Order seeks to amend some of the Articles within the 2020/139 Order laid in May 2020 and to clarify terms and definitions of suitability of accommodation and when exemptions should apply.
Stage 5 - Authorisation of EQIA
Please confirm that:
- This Equality Impact Assessment has informed the development of this policy:
- Opportunities to promote equality in respect of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation have been considered, i.e.:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation;
- Removing or minimising any barriers and/or disadvantages;
- Taking steps which assist with promoting equality and meeting people's different needs;
- Encouraging participation (e.g. in public life)
- Fostering good relations, tackling prejudice and promoting understanding.
- If the Marriage and Civil Partnership protected characteristic applies to this policy, the Equality Impact Assessment has also assessed against the duty to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation in respect of this protected characteristic:
Yes No Not applicable
I am satisfied with the equality impact assessment that has been undertaken for the Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Order 2020 and give my authorisation for the results of this assessment to be published on the Scottish Government's website.
Name: Janine Kellett
Position: Unit Head, Homelessness, Better Homes Division
On behalf of DD Better Homes Division
Authorisation date: 8 December 2020
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback