4. Overall Project Progress Water Portfolio
The Water Portfolio comprises 3 sub-portfolios: SR15 Completion; Water Quality; and Water Supply. Detail on progress within each of these can be found in Appendix A. Although the Gate 100 Acceptance milestone remains challenging, performance on the Start on Site and Financial Completion Milestones means that the Q4 overall performance in the water portfolio is within the range (Figure 5) with 308 points achieved to date; against a range of 281 to 347.
Start On Site
Performance on the Start On Site milestone (Figure 6) remains strong with all 3 of the sub-programmes achieving the central forecast. 81 projects have now started on site, 15 of these in Q4 2022/23, against a range of 64 to 88.
19 projects achieved acceptance in Q4 delivering benefit to customers taking the total to 109 projects that have now achieved acceptance against a forecast range of 115 to 132 at time of commitment.
8 projects in the SR15 Completion sub-programme have been reforecast. 4 of these projects are now substantially complete and forecasting acceptance in Q1.
Reasons for reforecasting:
- 3 projects have been reforecast due to third party issues: Yarrowfues WTW main-out, Dalwhinnie WTW - TTU and Ness WTW.
- 3 due to construction risks being realised: South Edinburgh Service Resilience, Ringford WTW and Wick East.
- 2 projects have been reforecast due to design issues: SR15 ES - Uig WTW - SR15 WQ and SR15 TE CM Staney Hill North - Q Sandy Loch WTW.
17 projects in the Water Quality sub-programme have been reforecast. 4 of these reforecast projects are now substantially complete and are forecasting acceptance in Q1 with a further 5 forecasting acceptance by Q2.
Reasons for reforecasting:
- 2 projects have been impacted due to additional scope being required to complete the projects: Whitehillocks WTW and Howden WTW.
- 2 projects have been impacted by third party issues: Burncrooks WTW Quality THM and IR18 Allowance - Tarbert WTW.
- 13 projects have been impacted by construction risks and supply chain delays.
The Water Supply sub-portfolio remains on track with milestone achievement within the planned range.
We continue to work to understand, and learn from, risks to improve the forecast and delivery of new projects. When committing to the delivery of a project we balance the likelihood of delay due to risks against setting an over cautious target with the potential to lose focus on the need to drive delivery.
Performance on the Gate 110 Financial Completion milestone (Figure 8) remains strong with all 3 of the sub-portfolios being in the range (Figure 8). 118 projects have now achieved Gate 110 against a range of 102 to 127.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback