This consultation invites stakeholders to respond to a range of proposed updates to The Water Environment (Controlled Activities) (Scotland) Regulations 2011 (“CAR”). This consultation serves several purposes:
- Proposed consolidation of The (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Scotland) Regulations 2003 into CAR as a set of general binding rules,
- Modernisation of those provisions to take account of recent changes in land use practice; and
- Miscellaneous revisions to various existing general binding rules within Schedule 3 of CAR.
The consultation proposals are in 2 parts.
Part 1 presents proposed updates to controls over the storage and application of organic materials, with the following key aims:
- to update existing controls for the storage of slurry and silage;
- to introduce controls over the storage of materials associated with energy production;
- to propose new requirements regarding more targeted and efficient application of slurry and liquid digestate.
Part 2 contains the proposals for minor revisions to various existing GBRs in the interests of clarity and transparency.
We welcome your views on the proposed legislation as outlined in this consultation.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback