Annex A: Tackling Problem Debt Group Recommendations
Below is a list of the Tackling Problem Debt Group's recommendations. The full report of the Group's recommendations, along with details of membership and minutes of meetings, can be found on the Scottish Government website.
1. Ensure that levy funding reflects the needs and experiences of users and potential users of debt advice.
2. Develop a debt helpline offering that is Scottish-focused and better integrated with Scotland's advice landscape.
3. Develop a three year funding model for levy-funded debt advice.
4. Operationalise the Funders Framework to bring more consistency and clarity to advice funding.
5. Develop a model of Scottish Government levy funding that is transparent, independent and rigorously reviewed and evaluated for impact.
6. Develop a more integrated funding landscape for free debt advice.
7. Harness the potential of technology in a way that practically improves the experience of both providing and receiving debt advice.
8. Develop a workforce strategy for the free debt advice sector.
9. Ensure sustainable funding is available to achieve the outcomes identified above.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback