Click 'Accept all cookies' to agree to all cookies that collect anonymous data.
To only allow the cookies that make the site work, click 'Use essential cookies only.' Visit 'Set cookie preferences' to control specific cookies.
1. We published handbook 2, The Construction Procurement Handbook, of the Construction Procurement Manual at the end of 2018 and noted that other handbooks would follow. This Construction Policy Note (CPN) provides advance publication of Chapters 1 and 2 of the project initiation and business case handbook.
2. New guidance is available to assist contracting authorities successfully deliver construction projects and achieve value for money.
3. This note is intended for all those contracting authorities responsible for the planning and delivery of public works projects.
4. This note publishes the first chapters of the project initiation and business case handbook (handbook 1) of the construction manual. It covers the following specific areas:
Chapter 1 - The Client and the Project Environment
Chapter 2 - Governance
5. Further elements of the project initiation and business case handbookwill be published by CPN in due course. They will also be available shortly on the Scottish Government Construction Manual web pages.
6. Please bring this construction procurement note to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement or delivery of construction activities.
Construction Manual – project initiation and business case handbook: CPN 2/2019