1. We published handbook 2, The Construction Procurement Handbook, of the Construction Procurement Manual at the end of 2018 and noted that other handbooks would follow. This Construction Policy Note (CPN) provides advance publication of Chapters 1 and 2 of the project initiation and business case handbook.
2. New guidance is available to assist contracting authorities successfully deliver construction projects and achieve value for money.
3. This note is intended for all those contracting authorities responsible for the planning and delivery of public works projects.
4. This note publishes the first chapters of the project initiation and business case handbook (handbook 1) of the construction manual. It covers the following specific areas:
- Chapter 1 - The Client and the Project Environment
- Chapter 2 - Governance
5. Further elements of the project initiation and business case handbook will be published by CPN in due course. They will also be available shortly on the Scottish Government Construction Manual web pages.
6. Please bring this construction procurement note to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement or delivery of construction activities.
If you have any questions about this CPN please contact:
Construction Procurement Policy Unit
The Scottish Government
Phone: 0131 244 8492