- 1 Sep 2018
1. This construction policy note (CPN) provides information on the introduction of construction policy notes and their purpose.
2. Construction policy notes are aimed at disseminating construction information and guidance relevant to the public sector.
3. This note is intended for all those contracting authority staff involved in the planning and delivery of public works projects.
Construction Policy Notes
4. We have introduced construction policy notes in order to ensure appropriate dissemination of information and guidance relevant to the public sector delivery and management of construction and construction related services (consultancy) projects. The first CPN was issued last month to inform recipients of the on-going work around the publication of the Cole Report and the importance of making appropriate arrangements for the independent inspection of construction activities.
5. CPNs are published under the authority of the Scottish Public Finance Manual and hold the same status as Scottish Procurement Policy Notes. See paragraph 9 of the Procurement Section of the Scottish Public Finance Manual.
6. We will use CPNs routinely to alert contracting authorities to new policy, new guidance and to bring their attention to any relevant matters affecting public sector construction. Over the course of the next six months we will also use CPNs to publish new guidance emanating from the implementation of the recommendations of the Review of Scottish Public Sector Procurement in Construction prior to the publication of a revised Construction Manual.
7. Copies of all CPNs can be found on our website.
8. Please bring this construction procurement note to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement or delivery of construction activities.
Tel: 0131 244 8492
Construction Procurement Policy Unit
The Scottish Government