- There were 477,800 Council Tax Reduction recipients in Scotland in March 2019. Those recipients live in slightly less than one-fifth of chargeable dwellings.
- The total number of Council Tax Reduction recipients in Scotland has gradually decreased between the start of the scheme in Scotland in April 2013, and March 2019. The overall decrease is 14 percent (74,580 recipients).
- The weekly income forgone by local authorities on Council Tax Reduction in March 2019 was over £6.4 million.
- The provisional income forgone on Council Tax Reduction in Scotland in 2018-19 was £332.4 million.
- Of all Council Tax Reduction recipients in March 2019:
- 58 per cent (275,800 recipients) were in one of the 30 per cent most deprived areas in Scotland up from 50 per cent at March 2017;
- Just over 37 per cent (175,240 recipients) were aged 65 or over; and
- 16 per cent (78,180 recipients) were lone parents.