This statistics publication provides Council Tax collection figures for Scottish local authorities, up to and including the financial year 2018-19.
- In 2018-19 for Scotland as a whole, the total amount of Council Tax billed (after Council Tax Reduction) was £2.433 billion. Of this total, £2.336 billion, or 96.0%, was collected by 31 March 2019. This provisional in-year collection rate is the same as the figure for the previous year.
- Between 1993-94 and 2018-19, the overall total amount of Council Tax billed in Scotland was £43.337 billion, of which £42.025 billion, or 97.0%, was collected by 31 March 2019.
- Provisional in-year Council Tax collection rates for 2018-19 ranged from 94.1% to 98.0% across the 32 local authorities.
- In-year collection rates have improved steadily from 87.2% in 1998-99 to 94.3% in 2008-09 and now 96.0% in 2018-19. This reflects improvements in the collection of Council Tax in the billing year.
- The provisional amount of Council Tax Reduction awarded in Scotland in 2018-19 was £332.4 million. Therefore, the theoretical total Council Tax charge for 2018-19 (before Council Tax Reduction) was £2.765 billion.
All figures are net of discounts (e.g. single person discount) and exemptions. They are after Council Tax Benefit/Reduction and exclude Water and Sewerage Charges. Therefore, the amounts billed represent what those liable have been asked to pay towards their Council Tax (but not Water and Sewerage).
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback