Publication - Transparency data
Communications staff (press officers): costs
- Part of
- Public sector
Last updated 7 October 2022 - see all updates
Cost of frontline communications staff (press officers) since 2006. We publish this data annually.
- all frontline communications staff included within these figures work flexibly across all portfolios depending on demand
- all figures are rounded to the nearest pound
- costs from 2006-2007 to 2008-2009 include employer's pension contributions and employer's National Insurance contributions, as well as professional supplements, shift allowances and overtime for directly employed frontline communications staff
- costs from 2009-2010 onwards include employer's pension contributions and employer's National Insurance contributions, as well as professional supplements, shift allowances and overtime for all frontline communications staff; including temporary and secondee colleagues
during 2020-21 and 2021-22 staffing costs increased as additional communications officers were recruited to support the Scottish Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including informing and advising people how to keep safe.
Telephone: 0300 244 4000
- First published
- 18 February 2021
- Last updated
- 7 October 2022 - show all updates
- All updates
Updated to include 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 data.
Published 2019-2020 data.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback