- 21 Dec 2021
This publication contains information on COVID-19 funding broken down by Local Authority and Scheme name.
This information does not cover all funding. The time period used is broadly covers schemes that went live between November 2020 and June 2021. The rational for this period is that it covers the extent of the Strategic Framework Business Support (SFBF) funding as well as all the related sector specific schemes that ran in this period.
In total this publication covers 43 schemes and a total of £1.4 billion funds. For completeness it should be noted that the total COVID-19 related funding is £4.4 billion. Not included here is £1.5 billion in non-domestics rates relief, and a further £1.5 billion of funding paid prior to the SFBF (The ‘Business Support Fund Grants’ scheme accounts for the majority of those funds). A summary of the full funding is available here: summary of Scottish business support funding
The information used in this publication was gathered in June 2021. For the most part the data relates to the final position of closed funds. In a few cases the fund was still ongoing (Local Authority Discretional Fund) or had future rounds. In those cases the data will relate to the position as of June 2021
The data was compiled by seeking award level payment information from the administrators of the various schemes and then aggregating the information . Please note that due to ongoing quality assurance, these statistics are subject to change. The figures may differ slightly from previously published aggregate scheme values, due to the more in-depth methodology used here and also from subsequent changes to funding such as businesses repaying funding.
 The only exception to this is Renfrewshire’s Strategic Framework Business Support (SFBF) funding, which we were unable to process at record level at this time, we instead used previous aggregate data to account for these funds
Please see the excel files linked on this page for the publication data
Table 1: Funds by Local Authority
Table 2: Funds by Scheme name
Table 3: Funds by both Local Authority and Scheme name
Additional information on schemes
More information about local authority administered funds is available. Names of recipients of awards have been published for the following funds:
- Campervan and Motorhome Rental Operators Fund (Visit Scotland): Campervan & Motorhome Operators Fund
- Culture Collective Fund (Creative Scotland): Announcement of Culture Collective recipients
- Culture Organisations and Venues Recovery (Creative Scotland): Emergency funds reach Culture Organisations and Venues and Further awards from the Culture Organisations and Venues Recovery Fund
- Events Industry Support Fund (Visit Scotland): Support Fund for Scottish Events Industry
- Grassroots Music Fund (Creative Scotland): Emergency Scottish Government relief funds reach grassroots music venues and Emergency relief funds reach grassroots music venues
- Independent Cinema Recovery and Resilience Fund (Screen Scotland): Emergency funding Scotland’s Independent Cinemas and Independent cinemas reopening additional support
- Performing Arts Venues Relief Fund (Creative Scotland): Relief funds support performing arts venues and Performing arts venues funds continued
- Scottish Country Sports Tourism Restart Fund (Visit Scotland): Scottish Country Sports Restart Fund
- Scottish Marine and Outdoor Tourism Restart Fund (Visit Scotland): Scottish Marine & Outdoor Tourism Fund
- Scottish Wholesale Food and Drink Resilience Fund: Scottish Wholesale Food and Drink Resilience Fund
- Scotland Tour Operators Fund (Visit Scotland): Scotland Tour Operators
- Scotland Coach Operators COVID-19 Business Support and Continuity Fund (Visit Scotland): Scotland's coach tourism & coach private hire sector fund
- Scottish Wedding Industry Fund (Enterprise Agencies): Scottish Enterprise Wedding fund and Highland and Islands Enterprise Wedding Fund.
- Sector and Destination Operational and Market Readiness Fund (Visit Scotland): Operational & Market Readiness Fund
- Screen Scotland: The big screen lights up again at Independent Cinemas Across Scotland
- Ski Centre Support Fund (Enterprise Agencies): Scottish Enterprise COVID-19: Ski Centre Support Fund and Highland and Islands Enterprise scheme approvals including Ski Fund (Ski Schools Fund and Snowsports Programme)
- Three Arts Venues (Creative Scotland): Supporting performing arts Emergency funding
- Transitional Support Fund for Childcare Providers: EC Search Aid Award data (select Aid Measure Case Number- SA.56841 and Sector- Child day-care activities)
An experimental statistics publication for Scotland
Experimental statistics are defined by the Code of Practice for Statistics as 'a subset of newly developed or innovative official statistics undergoing evaluation, that are published in order to involve users and stakeholders in the assessment of their suitability and quality at an early stage'.
More detail on statistical designations is available.
Correspondence and enquiries
For enquiries about the publication please contact:
COVID-19 Business Support Statistics
For general enquiries about Scottish Government statistics, please contact: Office of the Chief Statistician, Telephone: 0131 244 0442, e-mail:
With thanks to Sam Grant for his work compiling and quality assuring this publication.