2. Extended sentences are issued under section 210A of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 (c46) consist of a custodial term and an extension period with the overall purpose of such a sentence to ensure a longer period of supervision in the community than otherwise would be the case.
3. Parole Board (Scotland) Rules 2001: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2001/315/contents/made
4. Management of Offenders (Scotland) Bill: http://www.parliament.scot/Management%20of%20Offenders%20(Scotland)%20Bill/SPBill27S052018.pdf
5. Victim Notification Scheme (VNS) - https://www.mygov.scot/after-the-verdict/victim-notification-schemes/
6. Worboys case and the Parole Board – Lord Chancellors statement: https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-03-28/debates/1CA8B88F-214F-4196-A98F-F9886BD82014/WorboysCaseAndTheParoleBoard
7. The Parole Board (Amendment) Rules 2018: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/541/made
8. Rule 6(1)(i) – (v) contains the grounds in which information may be damaging.
9. National Outcomes and Standards for Social Work Services in the Criminal Justice Social Work System: https://www2.gov.scot/resource/doc/925/0103556.pdf
10. Problem Solving Approach review report: https://www.gov.scot/publications/review-aberdeen-problem-solving-approach-report/
12. Consultation - Scottish Government's Proposals for a New Tribunal System for Scotland - https://www1.bps.org.uk/sites/www1.bps.org.uk/files/New%20Tribunal%20System%20for%20Scotland%20%28S%29%20-%20cons%20paper.pdf
13. Information courtesy of the Scottish Sentencing Council. Further information about sentencing is available at: www.scottishsentencingcouncil.org.uk
Email: Sandra Wallace
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback