1. The consultation on the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing post-2020 (EESSH2) is available at https://consult.gov.scot/better-homes-division/social-housing-post-2020/.
2. The consultation on Energy Efficiency and Condition Standards in Private Rented Housing is available at https://consult.gov.scot/better-homes-division/energy-efficiency-programme/.
3. A record of the debate is available at: http://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/report.aspx?r=11519&mode=html#iob_104557
4. The Scottish Government now uses the term 'self-funding' households rather than 'able to pay'.
5. The consultation on Energy Efficiency and Condition Standards in Private Rented Housing is available at https://consult.gov.scot/better-homes-division/energy-efficiency-programme/.
6. Scotland's Energy Efficiency Programme (SEEP) has now been developed further as Energy Efficient Scotland.
7. In fact, the EPC methodology is 'owned' by the UK Government. It is implemented via third party software with the exception of the basic iSBEM ND tool which is UKG owned.
8. The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations 2008 set a 10-year validity for EPCs.
10. Pilot projects originally described as 'Able to Pay' are now described as 'Self-funding'.
11. The Energy Efficient Scotland Phase 1 Pilots final evaluation report is available on the Scottish Government website.
12. The Fuel Poverty (Target, Definition and Strategy) (Scotland) Bill incorporates a new definition of fuel poverty. A guide to the Bill and the proposed definition may be found at https://beta.gov.scot/publications/guide-fuel-poverty-target-definition-strategy-scotland-bill-2018/pages/1/
13. Although limited details regarding the remit are included in the consultation paper, one respondent referred to information concerning the remit presented at an Energy Efficient Scotland consultation workshop.
14. Hydraulic balancing is the process of optimising the distribution of water in a building's hydronic heating or cooling system by equalising the system pressure, so it provides the intended indoor climate at optimum energy efficiency and minimal operating cost.