Respondents identified a number of barriers to climate change action that the hubs can help to address including lack of knowledge, time, funding and challenges with what can be a cluttered and confusing funding landscape.
- facilitate co-ordination and collaboration,
- provide relevant and tailored advice to groups,
- deliver training sessions on relevant topics,
- improve outreach and engagement for initiatives,
- help communities identify and apply for funding, and
- organise events and marketing campaigns to increase interest in climate action, focusing on positive and empowering messages as well as the co-benefits of climate action.
Communities must be involved in defining the objectives of regional hubs, as well as in assessing the success of the regional hubs. The hubs should aim to capture the wider benefits of the work delivered in their area, including sustainable behaviour change and uptake of low carbon living advice.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback