- 23 Nov 2017
1. This construction policy note (CPN) publishes new guidance on collaboration between public contracting authorities.
2. Contracting authorities must maximise opportunities for collaboration with other public sector authorities.
3. This note is intended for all those contracting authority staff involved in the planning and delivery of public works projects.
Outline of guidance
4. The review of Scottish Public Sector Procurement in Construction recommended that public sector bodies should be able to demonstrate that sufficient linkages are made between them to determine if it is possible to achieve synergies between them.
This guidance provides assistance to public contracting authorities in identifying and exploiting such opportunities.
5. The guidance, which is attached at Annex A, provides contracting authorities with advice on how to identify and exploit opportunities for collaboration.
6. Please bring this construction procurement note to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement or delivery of construction activities.
Construction Procurement Policy Unit
The Scottish Government
5 Atlantic Quay
Tel: 0131 244 8492