2. Annual Population Survey
3. UK data https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/work-pay-and-benefits/unemployment-and-economic-inactivity/unemployment/latest . There is too small a sample size to produce a 16-64 Scotland level unemployment figure for 16-24. However, the employment rate for minority ethnic groups age 16-24 in Scotland is 35.8%. compared to 58.4% for aged 16-64, meaning it is highly likely Scotland mimics the pattern at UK level.
4. Brown et al, IES (EHRC), 2017, Tackling gender, disability and ethnicity pay gaps: a progress review, https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/research-report-110-tackling-gender-disability-ethnicity-pay-gaps.pdf
5. Brynin and Güveli (2012) and Longhi, Nicoletti and Platt (2013) in Brown et al, IES (EHRC), 2017
6. Longhi, Nicoletti and Platt (2013) in Brown et al, IES (EHRC), 2017
7. Close the Gap, 2019, Still Not Visible: Research on Black and minority ethnic women's experiences of employment in Scotland https://www.closethegap.org.uk/content/resources/Still-Not-Visible.pdf
8. Kelly, M (2016) Poverty and Ethnicity : Key messages for Scotland https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/poverty-and-ethnicity-key-messages-scotland
9. Graduate outcomes (LEO): Employment and earnings outcomes of higher education graduates by subject studied and graduate characteristics https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/690859/SFR15_2018_Main_text.pdf
10. Low qualifications are described as SCQF level 4 or lower.
11. Data for 2009/10 and 2010/11 not shown here also shows the same gap. Prior to this point data was not collected on a consistent basis. Data shown also excludes 'Other category' which includes 'Other - other' and 'Other - Arab'.
14. This apparent discrepancy is due to all minority ethnic households having a far lower proportion of household income coming from state and private pensions.
15. https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/family-resources-survey-financial-year-201617 FRS 2016-17 Income and State Support data tables, table 2.3.
16. https://cresh.org.uk/2015/12/04/income-deprivation-and-ethnicity/ and JRF, 1994, The provision of social security benefits to minority ethnic communities, https://www.jrf.org.uk/file/37520/download?token=d6lT4-Kj&filetype=...PDF file
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback