- 30 Nov 2017
1. This construction policy note (CPN) draws attention to an earlier Scottish Procurement policy note (SPPN) on the implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Public Sector Construction Projects.
2. BIM should be used where appropriate on public sector construction projects above £2 million.
3. This note is intended for all those contracting authority staff involved in the planning and delivery of public works projects.
Outline of Guidance
4. Guidance on BIM was published in SPPN 01/2017 on 8 March 2017, this provided a tool to be used in assessing whether the use of BIM on public sector construction projects above the value of £2 million is appropriate.
5. Please bring this construction policy note to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement or delivery of construction activities.
Construction Procurement Policy Unit
The Scottish Government
5 Atlantic Quay
Tel: 0131 244 8492