We award funding to local authorities to develop and deliver energy efficiency programmes (mainly solid wall insulation) in areas with high levels of fuel poverty. This funding is blended with owners contributions and funding from Registered Social Landlords who may choose to insulate their homes at the same time.
The area-based schemes are designed and delivered by councils with local delivery partners. They target fuel-poor areas to provide energy efficiency measures to a large number of Scottish homes while delivering emission savings and helping reduce fuel poverty.
Since 2013, the Scottish Government has invested almost £433 million through our ABS programme, which has supported over 100,000 households and helped hundreds of local communities to tackle fuel poverty.
In line with our commitments in the Programme for Government, the Scottish Government has maintained our annual investment in local ABS projects at £64m in 2022/23. Funding remains at the same level as in 21/22 and is up by £9m from £55m in 2020/21.
Allocations and expenditure
We also publish annual reports on our HEEPS schemes:
- HEEPS Annual Delivery Report 2013/2014
- HEEPS Annual Delivery Report 2014/2015
- HEEPS Annual Delivery Report 2015/2016
- HEEPS Annual Delivery Report 2016/2017
- HEEPS Annual Delivery Report 2017/2018
- HEEPS Annual Final Measures Reports
Other useful information
- Home Energy Programmes Report 2009/2013 text
- Home Energy Programmes Report 2019/2013 Excel
- HEEPS: ABS Case Studies
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback