1. References to Special NHS Boards should be read to include NHS National Services Scotland, which is the common name for the Common Services Agency.
2. These data relate to energy provided under the National Utility Contracts only, i.e. excludes some PPP sites and fuels purchased under individual contracts, e.g. biomass.
3. The HEAT Targets apply to hospital sites only, so figures will differ from the overall National Utility Contracts. Data is weather corrected to a 2009/10 baseline year.
4. By way of comparison, NHS Trust in England reported an average energy performance of 419 kWh/m2.
5. Scottish Health Technical Note 3, NHSScotland Waste Management Guidance, Part A, Best Practice Overview (March 2010)
6. Scotland's Zero Waste Plan, Scottish Government, June 2010
Email: Gillian McCallum