- How long did Angus Robertson stay in Paris?
- How did Angus Robertson travel to Paris? In what class did he travel (i.e. first class or economy)? And how much did this travel cost?
- What accommodation did Angus Robertson stay in? How much did this cost?
- How much did Angus Robertson spend on food and drink on his trip in Paris?
- Did Angus Robertson bring any work aids with him (i.e. an assistant, etc)? If so, can you please answer the previous questions for them.
- Finally, I understand that the trip was to highlight Scotland and Frances’ alliance. However, he did a France 24 interview in which he touches upon Scottish independence. How many other activities did Angus do that relate to Scottish independence?
We are able to provide some of the information you have requested, but an exemption applies to other aspects of your request. The Scottish Government proactively publishes information on Ministerial engagements, travel and gifts which includes overseas visits. Therefore I am advising you that s.27(1) of FOISA applies to some of the information you have requested. This will be published within 12 weeks of your request and will be available at this link: https://www.gov.scot/collections/ministerialengagements- travel-and-gifts/. This exemption allows public authorities to refuse to disclose information if they already plan to publish it within the next 12 weeks. If, however, you do not have internet access to obtain this information from the website listed, then please contact me again and I will send you a paper copy.
In relation to question 6 of your request, the engagements were arranged to support the main objective of this trip, which was to continue building close links between Scotland and France on areas of shared interest such as culture, biodiversity, and renewable energy. The Cabinet Secretary is regularly asked about the constitution and independence, including during meetings and media interviews throughout the trip to Paris.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback