HRH Duke of Edinburgh, 10 June 1921 to 9 April 2021 Read more
Community-led regeneration is at the heart of our regeneration strategy.
It is about people:
- identifying issues and opportunities in their local area
- deciding what to do about them
- making positive changes in their communities
We support community-led regeneration that:
- increases the number and strength of locally-controlled, enterprising community organisations
- supports local organisations to take ownership of assets such as buildings or land
- helps people to co-ordinate action and respond to challenges in areas where there are high levels of disadvantage
- helps people identify and act on the priorities in their areas
We provide funding for community-led regeneration through our Empowering Communities Fund.