No one should be denied rights or opportunities because of their gender. We are working to reduce and remove the social and economic barriers faced by women and men in Scotland.
- ensuring fairer workplaces for women
- providing funding to gender equality organisations
- expanding early learning and childcare provision
- engaging with men
- working to prevent Violence against women and girls (VAWG)
- are awaiting recommendations from the Women in Agriculture Taskforce which was set to tackle inequality in Scottish agriculture
Key statistics about women and men in Scotland including income, education, health and transport:
- Maximising economic opportunities for women in Scotland
- Scottish Government's equality evidence website
- Scottish Government equality outcomes: gender evidence review
- Women's employment summit: research evidence paper
We make equality considerations part of our everyday work. Find out more about: mainstreaming equality
Bills and legislation
The Equality Act 2010 brought together existing equality legislation.
It focuses on people with the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, sex, sexual orientation and religion and belief.
Email: email@example.com – Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House