This group is no longer active.
The Young Carer Grant Working Group was formed on 2 October 2017 to provide their perspective and expertise to help inform the development of detailed policy and processes of the Young Carer Grant. They helped facilitate communications with young carers and their stakeholders up until launch on 21 October 2019 when the group concluded its work. This helped us achieve the social security and carer outcomes, particularly that carers:
- feel they are treated with dignity and respect
- can easily access help and advice to claim the benefits to which they are entitled
- can access a range of carer support.
The experience of young carers helped drive our work. We ensured that diversity and equality issues were addressed enabling us to embody dignity and respect. The work of the group may be supported by short term working groups on specific issues.
Since the launch of Young Carer Grant the Young Carer Grant Working Group will continue to meet. The Groups experience working with those who may be eligible for Young Carer Grant and stakeholders will help evaluate the impact of Young Carer Grant. The Scottish government have committed to a review after 1 and 4 years of the Grant being live.
- Nicola Davidson, Scottish Government
- Robin Briggs, Scottish Government
- Ellen Searle, Scottish Government
- Hannah Worth, Scottish Government
- Eddie Follan, COSLA
- Kirsten Urquhart, Young Scot
- Angela Toal, CPAG
- Paul Traynor, Carers Trust
- Louise Morgan, Carers Trust
- Jo McCorriston, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Lee MacKenzie, Edinburgh Young Carers Project
- Alison Brown, Shared Carer Scotland
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback