Scottish Business Growth Group
The Scottish Business Growth Group met for the first time in April 2017. It was established following the vote to leave the European Union to provide a forum for the Scottish Government and the Scotland Office to engage directly with business, employer and employee representative organisations.
It will provide opportunities for constructive dialogue and, where relevant and agreed, partnership working about:
- overcoming economic, commercial and labour market challenges and seizing opportunities
- post-Referendum business-related policy development within government
All aspects of the group's role and activities will be reviewed and revised after two years. The presumption is that it will be a time-limited group which will be closed down when appropriate.
The Group will aim to meet quarterly.
Minutes of the first meeting held on 20th April are now available to view in the Documents section below.
- Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work (Co-chair)
- Scotland Office Minister of State (Co-chair)
- Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland's Place in Europe
- Minister from the Department for Exiting the European Union
- Scottish Trade Union Congress
- Chair and Chief Executive of the Scottish Chambers of Commerce
- Chair and Director of the Institute of Directors Scotland
- Chair and Chief Executive of Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI)
- Chair and Director of Confederation of British Industry (CBI) Scotland
- Chair and Chief Executive of Scottish Financial Enterprise
- Policy Convenor and Head of External Affairs of Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Scotland