National Partnership for Culture
In response to consultation feedback on the draft culture strategy, the Scottish Government has established a National Partnership for Culture (NPC) to provide a cross-sector, interdisciplinary voice which can both advise and influence Scottish Ministers on the delivery of the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
The new NPC will support delivery of the collective vision, ambitions, aims and actions set out in the culture strategy, help to inform and influence policy decisions and continue the national culture conversation so we can drive the transformational potential of culture.
The NPC is independently chaired by Joanna Baker CBE, a creative and entrepreneurial cultural leader with over thirty years of experience of organisational leadership, cultural policy and international working. Its core membership and participation aim to reflect Scotland’s diverse cultures and communities.
The NPC is also tasked with establishing a measuring change group to inform progress towards realising the national outcome for culture and the delivery of the culture strategy. It will build upon existing research and consider what further evidence about the impact of culture is required to better inform local and national policy and decision makers.
- Joanna Baker, Chair
- David Stevenson, Queen Margaret University
- David Greig, The Lyceum
- Angiolina Foster, NHS 24
- Nicola Killean, Sistema Scotland
- Hope Dickson Leach, screenwriter and director, founder of Raising Films
- Alan McFarlane, Dundas Global Investors
- Heather Stuart, Fife Culture Trust
- Robert Softley Gale, actor and performer, writer, disability rights activist and artistic director
- Matt Baker, The Stove Network
- Agnes Rennie, Acair Books
- Briana Pegado, Creative Edinburgh
- Jeffrey Sharkey, Royal Conservatoire
- Darren McGarvey, author, musician and social commentator
- National Partnership for Culture: work programme - 2021
- National Partnership for culture: terms of reference
- National Partnership for Culture minutes: 4 November 2020
- National Partnership for Culture minutes: 4 September 2020
- National Partnership for Culture minutes: 23 July 2020
- National Partnership for Culture minutes: 24 June 2020