The Government Legal Service for Scotland (GLSS) is a community of lawyers in government in Scotland which exists in order to:
- provide shared services to member offices, associate offices and their legal staff
- promote contacts, share information and develop skills and knowledge among lawyers in its member offices and associate offices
- raise awareness of the roles of lawyers in government
Find out more about legal traineeships in the GLSS.
The member offices of the GLSS are those offices (other than associate offices) staffed by lawyers employed by the Scottish Government. The current member offices are:
- Scottish Government Legal Directorate (including the Legal Secretariat to the Lord Advocate)
- Office of the Advocate General (including Legal Secretariat to the Advocate General)
- Scottish Law Commission
- Civil Recovery Unit, Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service
- Lord President’s Private Office
- Revenue Scotland
- Crofting Commission
Scottish Parliament Legal Services is currently the only associate office of the GLSS.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback