The gender based violence working group has been established to develop a national framework to prevent and respond to harmful behaviour and gender based violence in schools. This will be supported by appropriate teaching resources to help school staff deliver confident and meaningful learning to combat sexual harassment and gender-based violence in schools.
As well as the review of existing resources and development of new resources, the group will also seek to identify examples of effective practice. This work is expected to be completed in 2022.
The working Group will be jointly chaired by the Scottish Government and Zero Tolerance/Rape Crisis Scotland.
Membership will include representation from:
- Association of Directors of Education in Scotland (ADES)
- Scottish Government Equality Unit
- Scottish Government Child Protection Unit
- Education Scotland – Equality and Inclusion team and/or health and wellbeing team
- Education Scotland - Improving Gender Balance and Equalities
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA)
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS)
- Scottish Women’s Aid
- Zero Tolerance
- Rape Crisis Scotland
- Teaching unions
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Gender Based Violence in Schools Working Group minutes: May 2022
- Gender Based Violence In Schools Working Group minutes: March 2022
- Gender Based Violence In Schools Working Group minutes: December 2021
- Gender Based Violence in Schools Working Group and Harmful Sexual Behaviours Delivery Group – joint meeting minutes: 30 September 2021
- Gender based violence in schools working group minutes: February 2020
- Gender based violence in schools working group: terms of reference
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback