Forensic Mental Health Services – Planning and Collaboration Short Life Working Group
Following the Independent Review into the Delivery of Forensic Mental Health Services, the Scottish Government has established a short life working group(SLWG), including key stakeholders, to propose changes to improve support for planning, collaboration and improvement of forensic mental health services in Scotland.
Emphasising that the SLWG will not revisit the work of the Independent Review and recognising the extensive input to the Independent Review from those with lived experience, carers and professional groups, the SLWG will consider how best to bring forward the change that is needed. Change is essential, for the reasons clearly set out in Independent Review final report.
This SLWG will be strictly time limited, with an expectation of its work concluding in the first part of 2022. The SLWG will be focussed and limited in number of members, with a responsibility to engage fairly, broadly and to assess best evidence for a way forward.
- Mr Gavin Gray, Deputy Director, Improving Mental Health Services – Chair
- Ms Hannah Axon, CoSLA
- Ms Kate Bell, Scottish Government Advisor on Strategic Change
- Mr Jim Cannon, Director of Regional Planning (North)
- Ms Catriona Dalrymple, Deputy Director Community Justice
- Dr Ian Dewar, Scottish Government, Principal Medical Officer (Forensic Psychiatry)
- Mr Gary Jenkins, Chief Executive, The State Hospital and mental health lead for NHS Scotland Chief Executive Group
- Mr Gordon Johnston, Director, Voices of eXperience (VOX)
- Ms Lorraine Keith, National Family Network Coordinator (Forensic) Caring Connections, Support in Mind Scotland
- Mr James Meade, NHS Forensic Services General and Service Managers and member from West region
- Professor Lindsay Thomson, Medical Director, Forensic Network and School of Forensic Mental Health
- Ms Linda Walker – Head Occupational Therapist in NHS Lothian & Allied Health Professional Mental Health Lead
- Professor Angela Wallace, Nurse Director, Forth Valley and chair of the Women’s Pathways Group
- TBC – member - forensic intellectual disability services
- Forensic Mental Health Services - Planning and Collaboration Short Life Working Group: remit and terms of reference
- Independent Review into the Delivery of Forensic Mental Health Services - Planning and Collaboration Short Life Working Group: 19 November 2021
- Independent Review into the Delivery of Forensic Mental Health Services: Scottish Government response
- Independent Forensic Mental Health Review: final report