Agricultural weather advisory panel
Role of the group
A new weather advisory panel for the agricultural sector has been announced by Rural Secretary Fergus Ewing, who made this announcement in November 2017.
When triggered, the panel will act as a taskforce for rapidly sharing information, best practice and encouraging co-operation across industry to help farmers and crofters respond effectively to challenging weather conditions, both in the short term and in building longer term resilience.
Initial membership of the agriculture weather advisory panel is listed below. It is anticipated that additional members with the appropriate expertise will be sought as and when required.
- Clearing Banks
- Agricultural Industries Confederation
- Met Office
- Scottish Government
- Winter preparation advice for farmers and crofters: October 2018
- 2018 greening rules within Ecological Focus Areas (EFAs)
- Adverse weather advice to farmers and crofters: August 2018
- Straw and forage study: SRUC research report
- Agricultural weather advisory panel minutes: April 2018
- Agricultural weather advisory panel minutes: January 2018
- Agricultural weather advisory panel minutes: December 2017