The Equality Evidence Finder brings together the latest statistics and research for Scotland across different themes for age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and transgender status.
The Equality Evidence Finder is updated monthly with a summary of the key official statistics, social research and National Performance Framework equality analysis. Links to further datasets, statistics and research are provided to help find the full range of available equality evidence for Scotland.
On this page, other documents relating to equality evidence are provided.
COVID-19 and Equality
Analysis of how COVID-19 has different impacts on different groups of the population.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): impact on equality (research)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): health and social impact assessment
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): economic impact of labour market effects
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): at risk groups - estimates
- Inequalities by age in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
- Inequalities by disability in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - disabled people: health, social and economic harms - research report
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - disabled people: health, social and economic harms - research report - easy read
- Inequalities by ethnicity in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
- Inequalities by gender in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
Equality Evidence Strategy 2017-21
Scotland’s Equality Evidence Strategy is a four year strategy running from 2017 to 2021. The strategy details an approach to strengthening Scotland’s equality evidence base. It also lists equality evidence gaps raised during the Scottish Government’s discussions with partner organisations and academic colleagues.
- Scotland's equality evidence strategy 2017-2021
- Equality evidence strategy 2017 to 2021: interim progress report
Collecting Equality Data Guidance
Guidance notes on the recommended questions to ask when collecting information on: age, disability, ethnic group, gender, religion or belief and sexual orientation
- Scottish Budget 2021-2022: Equality and Fairer Scotland Budget statement
- Scottish Budget 2020-2021: Equality and Fairer Scotland budget statement
- Tackling inequality: guidance on making budget decisions
- Distributional analysis
Equality Analysis Topic Reports
- Scottish Social Attitudes Survey 2019: attitudes to violence against women
- Scottish Social Attitudes Survey 2019: intra-household distribution of resources
- Time use survey 2014-2015: results for Scotland
- Time use in Scotland 2020: ONS Online Time Use Survey - gender analysis
- Employability and the labour market: equalities analysis report
- Social security: equalities analysis report
Scotland’s Gender Equality Index measures progress towards gender equality in Scotland. Gender equality is measured across a range of indicators, covering Work, Money, Time, Knowledge, Power and Health. Additional indicators on Violence Against Women and Women-Specific Healthcare are also included. The first release of Scotland’s Gender Equality Index was published in 2020.
Various summaries on gender equality have been written for the First Minister's National Advisory Council on Women and Girls and are located on the Equality Evidence Finder under ‘Scottish Government Publications and Outputs’ and ‘Gender’.
Poverty and equality
- The life chances of young people in Scotland: report to the First Minister
- A fairer Scotland for women: gender pay gap action plan
- Addressing the gender pay gap: employer methods
- Understanding Society - Gender and Work in Scotland: research findings
Census 2011 equality analysis
- Analysis of Equality Results from the 2011 Census (Part 1)
- Analysis of Equality Results from the 2011 Census (Part 2)
- Overview of Equality Results from the 2011 Census