The Equality Evidence Finder brings together the latest statistics and research for Scotland across different themes for age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and transgender status.
The Equality Evidence Finder is updated monthly with a summary of the key official statistics, social research and National Performance Framework equality analysis. Links to further datasets, statistics and research are provided to help find the full range of available equality evidence for Scotland.
On this page, other documents relating to equality evidence are provided.
COVID-19 and equality
Analysis of how COVID-19 has different impacts on different groups of the population.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): health and social impact assessment
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): economic impact of labour market effects
- Inequalities by age in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
- Inequalities by disability in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
- Inequalities by ethnicity in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
- Inequalities by gender in the context of Covid-19 (slide-pack)
Collecting equality evidence
- Employability and the labour market: equalities analysis report
- Social security: equalities analysis report
- Scotland's equality evidence strategy 2017-2021
- Equality evidence strategy 2017 to 2021: interim progress report
- Collecting equality data
- Scottish Budget 2020-2021: Equality and Fairer Scotland budget statement
- Tackling inequality: guidance on making budget decisions
- Distributional analysis
Various summaries on gender equality have been written for the First Minister's National Advisory Council on Women and Girls and are located on the Equality Evidence Finder under ‘Scottish Government Publications and Outputs’ and ‘Gender’.
The Scottish Government is producing a Gender Index that brings together a range of indicators on inequalities facing both women and men in Scotland.
Poverty and equality
- A fairer Scotland for women: gender pay gap action plan
- Addressing the gender pay gap: employer methods
- Understanding Society - Gender and Work in Scotland: research findings
- The life chances of young people in Scotland: report to the First Minister