This section provides information on Scottish energy statistics, which tracks progress towards the future of energy in Scotland in line with the Scottish Energy Strategy.
All data can be found in the Scottish energy statistics hub.
Energy statistics publications
- Scottish energy statistics hub index
- Annual compendium of Scottish energy statistics
- Quarterly energy statistics bulletins
- Renewable planning statistics
- Renewable electricity output and energy conversion calculators
Scotland heat map
The interactive Scotland heat map can be used by business, developers, housing associations, and communities to find out about the heat demand and supply opportunities in Scotland. Please note that the interactive map and its associated INSPIRE download services are currently unavailable (August 2021) as we move to a new provider. Development of the new site, with improved features and expanded download services, is progressing and we are aiming to make it available in autumn 2021. In the meantime, to access data usually provided through the interactive map, please contact the heat map team at email@example.com.
A more detailed heat map dataset is provided to local authorities to help with planning for energy efficiency improvements and low carbon heat in their areas.
You can find out more about the heat map and how to access data using the guidance and documentation on our Scotland Heat Map documents web page.
Oil and gas
- Oil and gas production statistics: 2019
- Oil and gas statistics: methodology guide
- Oil and gas statistics: 2018
- Oil and gas statistics: supplementary tables 2018
- Physical commodity balances of oil, gas and petroleum: 1998-2017