Minister for Social Care, Mental Wellbeing and Sport
Maree Todd was appointed as Minister for Social Care, Mental Wellbeing and Sport in March 2023.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for NHS Recovery, Health and Social Care.
Specific responsibilities are:
- social care and integration
- National Care Service
- mental health wellbeing
- child and adolescent mental health
- suicide prevention
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Mental Welfare Commission
- survivors of childhood abuse
- forensic mental health services and reform
- Care Inspectorate
- self-directed support
- adult support and protection
- care, support and rights
- social service workforce
- delivering ‘Anne’s Law’
- sport and physical activity
- Independent Living Fund Scotland
She grew up in the West Highlands, attending Ullapool High School and then studying pharmacy and prescribing at Robert Gordon's and Strathclyde, as well as taking an ante-natal teaching diploma at the University of Bedfordshire.
A pharmacist by profession, Maree Todd worked in NHS Highland for 20 years, mainly as a mental health pharmacist in a psychiatric hospital. She also contributed to SIGN guidance on perinatal mental health.
She was previously the Minister for Children and Young People.
- read more about Maree Todd on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback