George Adam MSP was reappointed as Minister for Parliamentary Business in March 2023.
Supports the Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Finance.
Specific responsibilities are:
- government and parliamentary business
- local government elections
- Scottish Parliamentary elections
- Freedom Of Information (FOI)
- open government and Citizens' Assemblies
- government statistics
- Office of the Chief Researcher
- Boundaries Scotland
Born in 1969, he has been the SNP MSP for Paisley since 2011, having previously been a member of Renfrewshire Council since 2007.
Mr Adam was Senior Whip for the Parliamentary Group of SNP MSPs and was promoted to Chief Whip in June 2018. He has also held the position of Parliamentary Liaison Officer (PLO) to the Cabinet Secretary Communities, Social Security and Equalities.
George lives in the east end of Paisley with his wife Stacey. He is a passionate supporter of St Mirren F.C. and in 2016 he was involved in a fans takeover of the club.
- read more about George Adam on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback