Clare Haughey MSP was appointed as the Minister for Children and Young People in May 2021.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills
Specific responsibilities are:
- early years, childcare, and wraparound care
- school wraparound childcare
- child protection
- adoption and fostering
- children's hearings
- children's rights
- children's services
- looked after children
- modern languages
- Baby Box
- school leavers toolkit
- inclusive education
- Disclosure Scotland
- Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser
- play, including play parks
- outdoor learning
She has worked as a mental health nurse, specialising in pregnant mothers and those with a young baby, and has been a clinical nurse manager.
Clare was elected as MSP for Rutherglen in May 2016. She was previously a divisional convenor in UNISON.
She grew up in Rutherglen and is a mother to three children.
She was previously the Minister for Mental Health.
- Read more about Clare Haughey on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback