Clare Hicks has been Director of Education Reform since October 2021.
The Director of Education Reform:
- oversees the Education Reform Directorate
- works closely with the Learning Directorate and wider education stakeholders
Clare began her career in the UK Civil Service in 2002 in the Department for Work and Pensions.
She joined the Scottish Government in 2005. Her most recent posts include:
- Deputy Director, Covid Recovery
- Deputy Director, Police Division
- Deputy Director, Workforce, Infrastructure and Reform, Learning Directorate
From October 2021, she took on the role of Director for Education Reform, working closely with Learning Directorate and wider education stakeholders.
Clare is from Bangor, Northern Ireland and has a degree (MA Hons) in English Literature and History from Edinburgh University. Prior to her civil service career, she worked in Shetland in alcohol and drugs policy.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback