What we do
We are working collaboratively to deliver a world-class curriculum and qualifications system that continues to adapt to change, based on the vision of equity and excellence in education. It should also support individual learners to thrive through the development of knowledge, skills and capacities that give them the best opportunity to succeed and contribute to Scotland’s society and economy.
We are also the lead directorate for Gaelic and Scots and work collaboratively to support our commitments to these languages.
We are responsible for:
- leading a national discussion on the vision and purpose for Scottish education
- leading on the creation of a new qualifications body, a new independent inspectorate and a new national agency for education
- the national policy framework for Curriculum for Excellence and National Qualifications, which enable a rich and relevant experience to be delivered throughout school education, support effective transitions within and beyond school and enable the achievements of every learner to be recognised
- supporting commitments to Gaelic and Scots
- sponsorship of the Scottish Qualifications Authority and Bòrd na Gàidhlig
Who we are
Cabinet Secretary and Ministers
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback