Ruaraidh Macniven has been Director of the Scottish Government Legal Directorate since June 2019.
Ruaraidh has worked in the Government Legal Service for Scotland (GLSS) since April 1999. His previous roles within the GLSS include:
- Head of Advisory and Legislation Division of the Office of the Advocate General
- Legal Secretary to the Advocate General
- Head of the Civil Recovery Unit within COPFS
- Acting Head of the Constitutional and Civil Law Division, SGLD
- Legal Secretary to the Lord President
He has also worked in the Scottish Parliament and the Office to the Solicitor to the Secretary of State for Scotland.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback