A Prevention Sub-Group of the Ministerial Working Group on Tobacco Control was established on October 10, 2013.
The Sub-Group is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the preventative actions in the new tobacco control strategy and for advising the Scottish Government on new actions to prevent the uptake of smoking among young people.
The Sub-Group will ensure alignment with the wider national prevention priorties and collaborations.
- George Dodds (Chairperson), NHS Health Scotland
- Professor Amanda Amos, University of Edinburgh
- John Watson, ASH Scotland
- Anna Bennett, Young Scot
- Alastair MacKinnon, Fast Forward
- Phil Alcock, The Scottish Government
- Debbie Sigerson, NHS Health Scotland
- Kay Samson, Smoking Cessation Coordinators group
- Leslie Reid, Smoking Cessation Coordinators group
- Frank Toner, British Lung Foundation
- David McColgan, British Heart Foundation
Scottish Government officials:
- Morris Fraser
- Elaine Mitchell
- John Glen
- Stephen Young
Previous minutes are in our website archive.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback