Definitions of terms used in this note:
- The 2005 Act: The Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 (as amended).
- The 2006 Regulations: The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
- Enforcement of Chapter 1 duties: the duty to carry out the function of an enforcing authority by virtue of section 61(1) of the 2005 Act.
- Enforcement: All activities which fall within the scope of Part 3 of the 2005 Act. This includes all dealings with dutyholders which result in the service of Notices, reporting for prosecution or informal action concerning the provision of information and advice, either verbally or in writing.
- Dutyholder: Any person or organisation with compliance obligations by virtue of Chapter 1 of Part 3 of the 2005 Act.
- Risk: The potential (likelihood and consequence) for fire to cause harm to relevant persons (‘relevant persons’ is as defined in section 79 of the 2005 Act).
- SFRS: Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback