Attendees and apologies
- Stuart Currie, Vice Chair, Independent Review of Inspection, Scrutiny and Regulation (IRISR)
Practitioner and Stakeholder Panel Members (the panel)
- Care Home Relatives Group
- Coalition of Care and Support Providers (CCPS)
- Inclusion Scotland
- People Led Policy Panel – 2 representatives
- Scottish Care
- Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs
- The Health and Social Care Alliance (The Alliance)
- The Promise Scotland
- The Royal College of Nursing Scotland (RCN)
- The Scottish Young Carers Services Alliance Network
Scottish Government personnel and secretariat
- Kerry Brooks
- Arlene Crockett
- Daniel Nagy
- British Association of Social Workers
- Carer Centres Managers Network
- Coalition of Carers in Scotland
- Queen’s Nursing Institute Scotland
- Scottish Adoption
- Self-Directed Support Scotland
- Social Work Scotland
Items and actions
Approval of minutes from April meeting
The Panel approved the minutes.
IRISR progress so far
The Vice Chair updated the panel on current progress of the IRISR: meetings with expert witnesses have come to a close; externally analysed evidence from the call for evidence and wider stakeholder engagement programme, as well as evidence from discussions of the Independent Review Panel and the Practitioner and Stakeholder Panel is being drawn together in this drafting stage of the Review.
Further reflections by the Chair
The Chair of the IRISR was absent due to personal reasons, and therefore this item was not addressed.
Any other business
A member of the secreatariat thanked panel members for their feedback on the draft Equality Impact Assessment (EQIA) and confirmed that this feedback is being considered at the moment. The secretariat will email panel members in due course about any further changes to the current EQIA draft as a result. The secretariat also confirmed that all draft impact assessments would be revisited and updated again following the publication of the IRISR’s recommendations
The deadlines for feeding back on all draft impact assessments shared with panel members will be revisited and the secretariat will email members soon with new dates.
Panel members requested a further session with the Chair of the IRISR to be arranged – it was suggested this would be helpful to understand key themes coming out of the Review and/or any potential draft recommendations being considered.
The Vice Chair agreed to take all feedback from panel members back to the Chair and confirm next steps very soon.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback