Information on Scottish Government staff attending the workplace as set out below.
The individual aspects to your request are listed below in bold with a response to the information request.
1. Please provide the numbers for staff entering SG buildings for each building operated by the authority, using the building access records in a monthly format since January 20021 to date.
Your clarification letter confirmed that the information should provide the Mon-Fri working week figures for each day in each calendar month.
Section 12 (1) of the FOISA applies, we are unable to provide this information, the cost of providing this information exceeds our upper cost limit. Section 39 (1) of the Act also applies, providing a pattern showing numbers of staff attending specific offices creates a risk to the Health and Safety of those attending the building.
However, within the limitations of the Act we are able to provide monthly figures for SG Core buildings from January 2021 showing the occupancy levels as a percentage of the capacity of the buildings that have building access control systems.
The information produced is from Jan 2021 up until June 2023 and shows footfall on the first Tuesday of each month where access control information was available. This has been recorded in the form of a percentage that is calculated against the buildings capacity. The figures for each building records every individual SG security pass holder, who accessed the building, using their security pass on the days analysed.
2. Please provide the numbers for staff who have not registered an attendance at a Scottish government office during the years 2022 and also for 2023.
Section 17 (1) of the FOISA applies, this information is not held. The Scottish Government is committed to flexible hybrid working for our workforce, enabling staff to work from a range of settings. Managers are asked to establish a flexible hybrid model with their teams that ensures business needs are met. We do not hold data on the number of staff working from home due to the hybrid nature of working patterns.
3. Please provide the numbers for staff attending an office once a month or less.
Section 12 (1) of the FOISA applies, it is not possible to provide this information, the cost for producing this information exceeds the upper cost limit.
4. Using the building access records, please provide the numbers for staff in attendance at each of the main offices across the Scottish government estate for more than 1 day weekly during 2023.
Section 12 (1) of the FOISA applies and it is not possible to provide this information, the cost for producing this information exceeds the upper cost limit.
5. Please provide any Economic impact assessment conducted to determine decisions about hybrid working for Scottish Government officials in the past 3 years.
Section 17 (1) of the FOISA applies, this information is not held. No Economic Impact Assessment has been undertaken to determine decisions about Hybrid working in the past 3 years.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 4 page PDF
- File size
- 222.4 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback